Short term Cataract training at Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre
Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre is one of the institutes in Ophthalmology in Eastern India which have best Cataract Services . Cataract surgery training at Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre was started from January 2010 . Since then, it is going on with grand success without compromising the patient’s safety.
Course Overview of Short Term Cataract training at Susrut Eye Foundation
Cataract surgery training is a fully structured & well equipped program . It is under direct & close supervision of our most senior Cataract Consultants & well known Cataract Surgery Development Associates.
We have two Training Centre with well connected communication; one is in Kolkata and the other one is in Berhampore.
Surgery Procedure: There are two types of Surgery Procedures, Phaco & SICS(Small Incision Cataract Surgery).
Phaco: Now a days phaco is the advance technology for managing cataract patients.
SICS (Small Incision Cataract Surgery): ECCE with IOL basically is a fantastic , Very helpful & time consuming surgery for managing bulk of cataract patients.
Facility Overview for Cataract training at Susrut Eye Foundation
In the year 1999, Susrut Eye Foundation and Research Centre used to serve only 80 to 90 OPD. Where as in 2006 it inaugurated 9 storied building to reach out more OPD. We converted our first building into IPD department generating 500 patients per day with 60 patients in IPD per day. It is providing DNB training and fellow training in ophthalmologist with social projects in Government and Non-Government.
- We have well equipped training facilities with a well equipped wet lab, numerous operating microscopes with observer- scopes and CCTVs to provide state of the art training Structured classes on Cataract Management and the latest developments in Cataract Surgery.
- Surgeries supervised by Faculty & CSDA till the surgeon gains confidence to perform independent surgeries.
- Post operative review of cases.
- Maintenance of case record for future personal use & Review of Surgery video with CSDA.
- Hands on practice in Wet Lab.
Faculty Overview at Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre
Program Director & Chief of Faculty: Dr. Ratish Chandra Paul