Cataract Surgical Skill Development at Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre
Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre is one of the institutes in Ophthalmology in Eastern India which have best Cataract Services . Cataract surgery training at Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre was started from January 2010 . Since then, it is going on with grand success without compromising the patient’s safety.
Course Overview of Cataract Surgical Skill Development at Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre
Cataract surgery training is a fully structured & well equipped program . It is under direct & close supervision of our most senior Cataract Consultants & well known Cataract Surgery Development Associates.
We have two Training Centre with well connected communication; one is in Kolkata and the other one is in Berhampore.
Course Title: Cataract Surgical Skill Development – CSSD-Tier I,II,III
Observation (Tier-I) : This is for PG 1st year student for understanding the surgery of Cataract & OT Environment, Infection Control Policy, Microscope Orientation, Live Surgery Observation.
SICS (Tier –II) : This is for PG 2nd year student for doing Small Incision Cataract Surgery step wise and adopting the right skill in SICS.
Phaco (Tier –III): This is for PG 3rd year student for doing Phacoemulsification surgery step wise and adopting the right techniques.
Duration : two weeks in each Tier
Eligibility Criteria : During post graduation in Ophthalmology
Facility Overview at Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre.
In the year 1999, Susrut Eye Foundation and Research Centre used to serve only 80 to 90 OPD. Where as in 2006 it inaugurated 9 storied building to reach out more OPD. We converted our first building into IPD department generating 500 patients per day with 60 patients in IPD per day. It is providing DNB training and fellow training in ophthalmologist with social projects in Government and Non-Government.
- We have well equipped training facilities with a well equipped wet lab, numerous operating microscopes with observer- scopes and CCTVs to provide state of the art training Structured classes on Cataract Management and the latest developments in Cataract Surgery.
- Surgeries supervised by Faculty & CSDA till the surgeon gains confidence to perform independent surgeries.
- Post operative review of cases.
- Maintenance of case record for future personal use & Review of Surgery video with CSDA.
- Hands on practice in Wet Lab.
Faculty Overview at Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre
Program Director & Chief of Faculty: Dr. Ratish Chandra Paul
Call Mr Amit Pal at 91-3340506500